I love books of all ages and I love to research books. This blog contains the information I have found about the books I own and sell. I am still adding books and information. Some of these books I have already sold but I just wanted to share the information since many of them are truly lost treasures. If you have read any of these wonderful treasures, please feel free to comment. Or if you have any questions, maybe I can answer - so ask away.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Peggy's Prize Cruise by Kate Dickinson Sweetser




Peggy’s Prize Cruise by Kate Dickinson Sweetser published by Barse & Hopkins, New York and Newark, 1925. Illustrated - black and white photographs

The story is about a young woman, Peggy, whose friend, Paul, wins a Mediterranean cruise for writing the best historical five-reel motion picture play. Peggy and her family decide to go on the same cruise. It is a romance, with history, sea voyage and travel thrown in. If you want to learn 1920s colloquialisms, this is the book for you. Lots of fun! It is illustrated with black and white photographs of the some the places they visit and a charming look at teenagers from the 20s.

The author, Kate Dickinson Sweetser, was an American author known in her time for writing juvenile fiction and compilations. She was born in New York City to Charles H. and Mary N. Sweetser. Her great-grandfather, Samuel Dickinson, was one of the founders of Amherst College in Massachusetts; she was also the cousin of poet Emily Dickinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment